Quick and Easy Green Smoothie Recipe:
Green smoothies are the best way to include green leafy vegetables into your diet. I am sure most of us have wondered and wanted to try out those healthy green smoothies we see on Instagram and Pinterest, but were still unsure and worried that a smoothie with spinach in it…who would want to drink that? So, here I have an easy and best green smoothie recipe with just four ingredients which is not only healthy and full of nutrients but also tastes great.
How is a Green Smoothie Healthy for You?
We all have seen many people and celebrities having green smoothies but are they really healthy and beneficial for you? The answer is yes, green smoothies as the name suggests have green leafy vegetables in them which is the most healthy food of them all. Most of us these days hardly include leafy vegetables in our daily diets due to its taste or just preferring to eat tasty, unhealthy, or fast food. Hence, having a green smoothie is the best and tasty way to include these leafy vegetables providing minerals and nutrients to your body.
Now, some might think why would I have a blitzed up greens when I can also have a salad…that’s true but having a smoothie helps in consuming more greens as compared to a salad. Also, it is easier to digest the greens when it is pureed in the smoothies, consuming less energy in the digestion process, hence further helping in providing more nutrients and energy to your body. It also helps in keeping you full and controlling craving for more food, which hence helps in weight loss as well.
Easy and Tasty Green Smoothie Recipe:
2 cups- Spinach leaves (Frozen)
1- Banana (Frozen)
1 cup- Frozen Mango/ Pineapple (Chopped)
1 ½ cup- Milk/ Almond Milk
1. Add the spinach and milk in the blender and blitz it up to get the smooth puree of the spinach. ( You don’t want chunks of leaves left.)
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend it again from low speed and then gradually increasing to high speed for 40-50 seconds.
3. Once done, check to see if all the ingredients are blended smoothly.
4. Pour it into your favorite glass and enjoy the healthy and tasty smoothie.
– You can also switch up spinach with kale as well, but I would recommend spinach as it blends easily and tastes much better.
– You can also switch up the banana with avocado, yogurt, or more fruit.
– If you do not like mangoes or pineapples, you can swap it with apples, kiwi or berries.
– You can also add extra nutrients to your smoothie with protein powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, or honey.
If you make this recipe or have your own favorite, I would love to know about it in the comments below. Also, follow me along on my journey on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.