Here’s a list of 6 quick and easy microwave recipes you can try while being at home.
The coronavirus outbreak has led us all in self-isolation and everything is shut down. Many of us are working from home now and you get more hungry since you are at home. There is no option to just order delivery or go to your favorite food place.
Now what…?? It is time to cook for yourself..but who will go through all that trouble and give up that much time. So, here are some quick and easy microwave recipes that you can make within minutes at home.
Quick and Easy Microwave Recipes to Try While at Home during Quarantine:
1. Mac n Cheese
Are you missing those pasta days in your favorite dine out places?? Well, here is a quick recipe of mac and cheese where you can satisfy your pasta craving at home and you can whip it up in no time.
– Take water in the cup and add salt to it and boil the pasta in the microwave for two minutes and keep stirring in intervals until the pasta is cooked.
– Pour the milk and cheese and stir is and microwave it for 30 seconds till it becomes of creamy consistency.
– You can add more milk and cheese as per your liking, you can also change it up a little by adding some diced vegetables or cooked meat as per your liking.
– And, voila it is ready… Such a quick and easy microwave recipe to get ready in no time.
2. Mug Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza? It is one of the foods, we can eat anytime. Since you can’t order a pizza delivery right now or make it whole from scratch… You can make it at home in a microwave within minutes…
– Add the flour, baking soda and some salt in the mug and mix it together, then add milk and oil and mix this till it becomes slightly thick inconsistency.
– Add the pizza sauce over the batter and the cheese and chopped vegetables. You can also use meat instead of veggies as per your preference.
– Microwave for 1-2 minutes and check if the mixture is cooked.
– And done, enjoy the quick and easy microwave recipe for homemade pizza within a few minutes.
3. Chocolate Mug Cake
Craving from something sweet, especially for a cake?? Then here is a quick recipe to make a chocolate cake in a mug within minutes for all those chocolate lovers out there.
– Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a microwave mug.
– Add and stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla extract until it forms a smooth mixture. You can add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
– Cook this in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Insert a knife to check if it is cooked. If it comes out clean, it is cooked if not then cook for a few more seconds and check till it is cooked.
– And, there you go, you have a tasty sweet chocolate mug cake, an quick and easy microwave recipe in a few minutes without any hustle.
4. Microwave Egg Omelette
If you are too bored to fuss with fry pans, but still want some egg omelet. Do not worry, you can whip up some in the microwave in just minutes.
– Drizzle some oil in a mug and crack open the eggs and beat them.
– Add the onions, bell peppers, cheese, salt, and pepper and mix well.
– Microwave for about 30 seconds and stir the mixture and keep it back inside and cook for few more seconds till it is cooked.
– Top it off with some coriander and done… quick and tasty egg omelet in just a few minutes.
5. Gajar Halwa
The best gajar halwa is the homemade and slowly cooked one, I agree. But this is a quick recipe where you won’t know the difference and can make it within a couple of minutes.
– Take some ghee and the grated carrot, mix, and microwave for about 2 minutes.
– Then add the milk and microwave for 10 minutes, stirring continuously in between.
– Cook this until the milk blended completely with the milk, then add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix again.
– Garnish it off with your choice of nuts and enjoy the quick, simple and easy microwave recipe for gajar halwa.
6. Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie
A perfect snack for the evening or late-night cravings, here is a quick recipe where you can make chocolate chip cookies in minutes, and also without having to make a lot of them at one time, saving your ingredients as well as satisfying your cravings.
– Mix the butter, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla in a bowl together.
– Add the flour and chocolate chips and mix them well. Transfer this mixture to a microwave-friendly mug or bowl and heat for 1 minute.
– And done, you have your chocolate chip cookie ready in just a few minutes… You can also top it off with ice cream and enjoy it.
These are some of the quick and easy microwave recipes you can make at home without too much hustle and satisfy your food cravings within matter of minutes…Let me know in the comments below if you try any of these recipes for yourself…